Fees & Options
The costs for each adventurer are customized to meet their individual needs.
The fee for the 7-Day and 8-Day Kilimanjaro 2020 trek is USD$2500.
This fee includes:
- Pickup at Kilimanjaro Airport and transfers to your hotel
- 2 Nights Accommodation – one night before and one after the trek
- All climb costs, including local team salaries, food, park fees, etc., excluding personal tips
- All transfers to and from Kilimanjaro and your hotel
- 1-Day Safari to Arusha National Park
- Drop-off back to Kilimanjaro Airport from your hotel
Why US Dollars?
The US Dollar is an unofficial current throughout much of Africa, especially in East Africa where Tanzania is located. As such, local businesses and operators usually request payment in US Dollars for simplicity and to avoid the rapid fluctuations of their local currencies.
The fee does not include:
- International flights or domestic flights to Kilimanjaro
- Porter/Guide Tips (See Tips page)
Deposit & Payment
A non-refundable deposit of USD$250 is required by all adventures at the time of application in order to secure your place.
The remainder is payable 60 days before the trek.
A number of additional options are available, including gear hire for those who don’t have everything they need for the trek.
|Sleeping Bag||$8.00||Per Night|
|Summit Jacket||$8.00||Per Night|
|Waterproof Jacket||$4.00||Per Night|
|Waterproof Trousers||$4.00||Per Night|
|Down Mittens||$4.00||Per Night|
|Pairs of Walking Poles||$4.00||Per Night|
|Single Tent Occupation||$15.00||Per Night|
|Personal Daysack Porter||$15.00||Per Night|
|Single Hotel Room Supplement||$75.00||Per Night|
All prices are shown in US Dollars (USD).